If you've ever been to a shrimp boil then you know how much fun you have and that the food is wonderful! I went to crawfish and shrimp boils as a kid when I lived in Texas. But no one in Vegas does boils and I thought to myself, how hard can it be?
As it turns out, it's just about the easiest thing I've ever made. Almost no prep time and it's on the table FAST! And depending on how you make it, it's pretty healthy too. So bust out a big soup pot or your turkey fryer and get the shrimp boil started.
Shrimp Boil Recipe
1/4 lb baby red potato - per person
1 sausage link - per person (your choice on sausage, I buy spicy chicken sausage since it's healthier)
1/3 lb shrimp - per person
1 ear of corn - per person (I cut them in half before I boil them)
2 onions cut into 8ths
Juice of 2 lemons (I juice them and also add the peel)
8 cloves of garlic
Old Bay or Tony Chachere seasoning
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. We use our turkey fryer since it's so hot here and I don't want to heat up the house.
2. Once the water comes to a boil, add lemon juice, lemon peels, onion, garlic, and tons of seasoning. I didn't measure but I used about 1/3 of a can, give or take. Boil 5 mins.
3. Add sausage and potatoes and cook 10 mins.
4. Add corn and cook another 5 mins.
5. Add shrimp and cook another 3 mins.
6. Drain water and serve with cocktail sauce.
See how easy that is? You will be so happy you tried this for yourself. Mmmm it sounds so good, and writing about it made me want to have it again. I'm thinking Sunday dinner.