There are many great moments of motherhood and some not so great moments. In honor of my past Mother's Day where there were the inevitable highs and lows, I thought I would reflect on some of the different moments mothers have in their day. If you're like me, you might experience several of these moments in the same day.
2. Ah crap moment-When the hairs on the back of your neck stand up and your mom intuition tells you that your kids are up to no good. This moment normally happens when they get too quiet.
3. Ahhhhhh moment-This is when your kids are finally asleep and you can have some quiet time. Perhaps you have a glass of wine in your hand. Even better if you are drinking that wine in a tub filled with bubbly water.
4. Side splitting moment-When your kid does or says something so funny that you cry from laughing.
5. Angelic moment-When your kid gives you the smile or look that says "who me? No I would never do anything wrong." These looks are normally given in public or right after they do something wrong.
6. Eye drooping moment-When you're so exhausted you can't even get the energy to open your eyes all the way. I think you outgrow this moment when your kids go to college but I'm not completely convinced that this is true. If you have a new baby you live in this phase permanently.
7. Playing Hooky moment-This is when you get away from your kids and you feel like you're back in school playing hooky. It's OK to want to scream FREEDOM Mel Gibson style as you leave the house.
8. Delightful moment-When you are so proud of your child for doing what they are supposed to when no one is looking or asking. Just don't get too cocky or they will immediately start acting up. Savor the moment internally and tuck it away for the times they are melting down at Target and people are staring.